Wednesday 7 September 2011

August 17th

Drinking a drink and thinking of you
Times spent and the things we'd do
Though we are not the oldest of friends
You're cool, over ice, the smoothest blend
You understood me in an immediate way
Quick to compliment with nice things to say
Trust implicitly one of the few
Saw eye to eye but challenged my view
One of those who did know what I mean
Heard what I'd heard, seen what I'd seen
Strong in knowledge but willing to learn
Late into the night, inspiration would burn
Relaxed persona comfortable in skin
Not closed off but let few in
Told me of better without being a teacher
Explained other ways without being a preacher
A friend who excelled when caught by the Police
A field, an island total music release
Whenever together time seems to fly
Convivial individual hell of a guy
Big brain super humane the greatest host
Traditional unconditional more than most
Great mate, great laugh and seriously silly
Fill life and fill mind but I miss you Phil Gilley 

No comments:

Post a Comment