Tuesday 27 September 2011

September 12th

Have I challenged myself too much, given me too much to do?
Did I really think I could or did I write off more than I can chew?
Was it really such an impossible unachievable goal?
I had no idea when it all began that it would spiral out of control
If I’d have know back then, when I was just at the start
That every time I wrote, I would search my soul and my heart
Each time I would try to fill my day, I’d find myself reminiscing
And found all the thoughts I’d felt before, but was constantly dismissing
It is a massive challenge this year that I have set myself
You never know what you can do, collecting dust upon life’s shelf
So I’ve given me something to do, dusted myself down
Meant each word, felt each phrase, lived out every noun
Sure there has been some fluffy content, just to fill the page
But there have been some deeper words, as my writing comes of age
The people that I meet daily have no idea of what I write
But there thoughtless words and actions only maximise my plight
So as we reach the final straight, with all that’s gone before
This journey is at my minds hotel and I’m in on the ground floor 

No comments:

Post a Comment