Wednesday 7 September 2011

August 9th

Now I'm ready for my own front door
My own garden, my own ground floor
With no one upstairs except our guests
And an extra bedroom where they can rest
Our own walls for hanging pictures
Strong bookshelves to hold our scriptures
A dining table in a dining room perhaps
To take our dinner from off our laps
Somewhere we can apply our own theme
Own carpet, own curtains, own colour scheme
Somewhere with warmth and radiation
Without generic attached accommodation
A place where we can plan to grow
A place for you to hang your halo
A cupboard for shoes and other things
And all the joy that D.I.Y brings
A garden for our gnomes and plants
A vegetable patch to be self sufficient
I want my own letter box in my own door
Not a communal one shared by the first floor
I want windows allowing in light aplenty
My own door bell not buzzed entry
With the banks help and a little loan
We can build a place to call our own
Where we can enjoy sunshine wind and rain
Where we can be at home again

No comments:

Post a Comment