Tuesday 27 September 2011

September 7th

It was all mine for the taking
I was getting over the hill
But now my dream is shaking
And my words are standing still
It was a premature celebration
I was, too early, back slapping
I’m now missing my dedication
I’ve been caught out napping
It was all moving swiftly along
And my catalogue began to grow
But somewhere it all went wrong
Now my words are unable to flow
It was filling me with satisfaction
My hard work was beginning to pay
But now I’d like a challenge retraction
As I run out of things to say
It was all turning into my ritual
Something I’d do, whatever
But it been recently less habitual
I’m now not feeling as clever
But even if there’s a tiny chance
For words to flow again
I’d set back into that stance
And make my hills flat again

No comments:

Post a Comment