Tuesday 27 September 2011

August 31st

What does it mean, what will it become?
A choking non-starter or bestselling number one
Where am I coming from, how will it look?
Self obsessive nonsense? Or just writing a book?
Who will buy it, what’s my demographic?
Is it just a journal or is it journalistic?
It’s just a pile of words that my brains concocted
Not characters no begin and no end plotted
Everyday gabbing and who wants that?
A negative response or a firm back pat?
But whatever happens, which ever shelf it fills
Be it nice hardback or fifty pence deals
The point is I’ve done it, I had a year
And although the purpose isn’t that clear
The achievement will be an inner success
After the emotions of writers distress
The first time that I have stuck to a plan
Climbing the hill and believing I can
When the end comes it’ll be a personal glory
Not a full stop, but a comma in my story
A new challenge will fit my new year
And as with this, the destination is unclear
I’m buying a ticket and my journey begins
Turning some failures in to some wins
I’m Casey Junior coming down the other side
Thanks for your patience; I hope you enjoy the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment