Wednesday 7 September 2011

August 10th

After a late shift, I open my eyes at nine
My eyes scan the room and this life of mine
Large double bed, one side vacated
A co habiting married man, alienated
This path that I've chosen into married life
Doesn't work so well when you don't see your wife
She left at 6.30 so as not to be late
She kissed me and left me in my dream like state
As sleep continues I can picture her face
I reach to hold her but get a pillow embrace
I move my unconsciousness to the living room
Knowing my day will have to start soon
Food in the cupboards but it’s no fun
Cooking and cleaning up a meal for one
Flicking through recorded programmed stored
Not doing nothing is making me feel bored
Like an old man, I huff and grouch
And look across at the empty couch
I can't open the curtains before me
I sit in my own darkness and misery
Then I'm off to work and with people I chat
She is now on the sofa where I was sat
At least I have her, things could be worse
And I know her day is the same in reverse
When I get in she has a soft warm glow
And she is lent across hugging my pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment