Saturday 23 April 2011

April 20th

A man’s not judged on what he might say
But the lives he affects along the way
But if you only listen to the loudest word
Then the wisest voices will go unheard
Respect isn’t men agreeing in packs
But by individual grace and the way you act
How will you be remembered when you go
For the lives you touch and the kindness you show
For making the best of any situation
Through kindness and decorum in the face of frustration
Will you remain sane amongst all this insanity?
Will you be a good human and help humanity?
I know that I have a lot more to give
I need to change to start to live
To focus more and do more driving
To get more I need to do more giving
So how do I change, how to picked out from a crowd
I can’t stand on tables or shout out loud
I’m understated shy polite and refined
When asked my opinion I say ‘I don’t mind’
Perhaps it’s a habit that I’ll have to break
I will voice my opinions and give my point of view
But don’t take offence it’s not going to be aimed at you
So if I do start to sound like a grumpy old man
It’s all part and parcel of my world conquering plan

No comments:

Post a Comment