Saturday 2 April 2011

March 30th

Got up got dressed, put on my best suit
All ironed shirt, tightly tied tie and shiny boot
Gelled and styled hair so none were out of place
To a razor to remove the beard hair from my face
This is as good as I get the best I can be
Mirror winked as it looked back at me
Made sure I was on time, in fact I was early
Showing them the eager and punctual me
Confident handshake but not too tight
Laugh at their jokes, smile and be polite
Sit up straight and don’t fidget in the chair
Make eye contact but try not to stare
Speak your mind but say nothing rash
Sell yourself but don’t come across flash
Feeling relaxed now getting into my flow
‘Thanks for your time, we’ll let you know’
What that’s it? It’s over before it starts
I leave them with something before we part
I’m grateful for this chance and if it’s to be my career
I’ll do my very best; after all it is my year
You don’t know how great I can be
I’m in it for the distance, take a chance on me
I’m passionate, enthusiastic and loyal to a fault
If you buy into me then you stay bought
You are all invited to the Gav Ellis show
‘Er yeah thanks for that, we’ll let you know

No comments:

Post a Comment