Saturday 23 April 2011

April 15th

This is for my Mum, whom I’ve been thinking about all day
This is one of the downsides of her living far away
I want to be with you and hold your hand
But you are isolated on the island
I know you’re in the best of care
But wanting so much to be right there
A speedy recovery is on the card please
So we can come for roast potatoes, biscuits and cheese
I know I haven’t seen you in a while
But I hoping this will make you smile
So take this chance to sit on your bum
From favourite son to favourite Mum
On a darker note, Wife has left me again
She packed her case and headed off on the train
Off to visit Claire on her birthday
Surprising her in that Hardington way
I’ve tried to secrets with many different guises
But they don’t like the surprise aspect of surprises
If I bought her a feline pet in rucksack for a gag
Someone would definitely let the cat out of the bag
I have somewhere to be tomorrow, which will be a treat
I’m going to Wembley in those comfortable seats
Meeting with friends for a drink and a smile
Catching up and chatting, it has been a while
I am working in the morning from seven until midday
But then I am heading to Wembley Way

No comments:

Post a Comment