Thursday 14 April 2011

April 11th

Because of my bathroom rant yesterday
I didn’t tell you what happened in my diaretic way
After work met up with friends for something to do
Bumped into Darren in a pub in Waterloo
Headed across town to see Tommy at Euston
Northern line closed which led to some confusion
(Whilst on ‘bad rhymes’ Darren had some myth
About his names earlier rhyme from February fifth)
He was a little upset and caused a scene
That I’d rhymed Darren Ali with Sarah the Bean
He had a fair point it was a little lame
But as Shakespeare said ‘what’s in a name?’
We asked each other how we’d been
Put some money in a quiz machine
It makes you feel better and frustrations mend
When you spend time talking nonsense with friends
Monday sees the start of the hotel football
Is it wise or foolish, a good or bad call?
At the end of the day it’ll be some fun
After all I am Brooklands No1
It was a good kick around, a way to make new mates
We played Real Madreadful who were ironically great
What? The score, oh I didn’t know you cared
Okay I’ll tell you, eight goals were shared
The game was open and played with great skill
It was just bad luck that we lost eight nil
And if that wasn’t enough this as an after thought
Whilst playing in goal I ripped my precious Gills shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment