Thursday 7 April 2011

April 5th

Another year and another birthday for my wife
Took her to London where she started her life
Had a city cruise from the pier at the millennium wheel
Stopped off at Butlers Wharf for an Italian meal
A great way to see London and there’s a lot to see
I don’t know who was more excited Karen or Me
Loads of old public houses where Pepys did his thinking
 I like the fact that the oldest buildings were mainly for drinking
The commentary, on the boat, that the local man gave
Was in true London style, he was probably called Dave
He collected his tips in an old titfer tat
Struggled with f’s and t’s, can’t say fairer than that
Sat outside for the cruise, the wind made us shiver
Soaking up all it had to offer that dirty old river
We loved our trip and learnt some history
All those nameless buildings are now not a mystery
We hopped on the tube with some sights to see
Went to Piccadilly Circus, it was really busy!
With all this tourism stuff, I had no time to bake
So we stopped at the co-op for some birthday cake
I hope my wife had a good birthday treat
Walking along the old cobbled streets
When you are tired of London, you are tired of life
I could never get tired of spending time with my wife
Great day with great memories to hold dear
I love you my wife, have another great year! x

No comments:

Post a Comment