Thursday 7 April 2011

April 1st

have never really understood the meaning of today
How normal people become comedic in an unfunny way
The deadpan quiet guy becomes the office joker
By randomly spraying people with his super soaker
I didn’t want to be a victim to any little squirt
So I kept my eyes and ears on full alert
It was a bit of a letdown as nothing bizarre happened
I did wear my luminous socks with the diamond pattern
Other than that nothing to report
Day plodded on, the regular sort
Just then a knock at the door
Look out! It’s the mother and father in law
Sat down had a chat, mostly catching up
Time passed as we drained our coffee cup
Where to go for a little lunch taster
A new place for us, the Oatlands Chaser
Lovely little place serving food hot and cold
A converted hotel from nineteen..erm well it’s old
All plates clean and before I get a coffee to quaff
It’s time for work so I have to do the off
A long labouring shift, not a very fun day
Still getting closer to day off Sunday
Three days off and heading down south
Meeting my Mother and Father for a day in Portsmouth
Then wife and I will celebrate Tuesday in our own unique way
So I might have a day off but never an off day

No comments:

Post a Comment