Thursday 14 April 2011

April 6th

Another morning shift for wifey and me
But when you start early you finish early
Since the clocks went forward it’s been a bit funny
Mornings start off all bright and sunny
Opening the blinds is a bit more painful on the eyes
But I’m happier to see the bright morning skies
I think this year is going to be a good summer
An improvement on last year, bit of a bummer
I suggest to Wifey that we jog after work
Finishing at three does have its perks
But we didn’t end up going out of the flat
Had some paperwork to do, filing this and shredding that
The sun was beaming into the lounge as its afternoon crescendo
Showing up the image of the bird that flew into our window
He hit the glass hard, that’s got to sting
You can make out his face, beak and wing
I made dinner today a Mexican extra cheesy
Finding a rhyme for enchiladas was not easy
So I skilfully moved it to the middle of the sentence
It’s cheating a little but it does still make sense
With wine in our glasses and food in my belly
Did the washing up before switching on the telly
Sat on the sofa for two hours to fester
Champions league on, Chelsea verses Manchester

No comments:

Post a Comment