Thursday 14 April 2011

April 8th

Up early this morning so headed off to the shops
Before the shutters were fully open, still cleaning with mops
Karen buying something for her weekend away
I was looking for Astroturf boots for football on
Monday
Shopped out by ten thirty with very little fuss
Headed back to the flat and our nephews were waiting for us
Keeping them happy today was my aim
They were soon using me as a climbing frame
In the flat they were restless, so we took the bunch
Out to the park along with our packed lunch
Sitting outside always pleases me
Kicking a ball or throwing a ‘crispee’
Running around with a laugh and a scream
It’s a hot day, ‘Who fancies an Ice cream’?
Hot and sunny around lunchtime
Needed a Fab or a ninety nine
Just outside the sports centre, he’s always there
Until today, where’s he gone, that’s not fair
My time is up I have to start work at three
So no ‘Funny Foot’ or Calipo for me
First day out this summer and already lesson learnt
Didn’t put any cream on and my big face got burnt
Just slip slap slop before you go
I know my mum will say ‘I told you so’!
Karen was worse as she later confessed
I now call her robin as she has a bright red chest

No comments:

Post a Comment