Thursday 7 April 2011

April 4th

Day off relaxing with nothing to do
Listening to music from the Fighters of Foo
Amazing new album Grohl is the main charmer
With help from Bruce and Chris, it sounds like Nirvana
Also watched Shutter Island on blu ray
Twisted my mind in a curious way
Excellent film, excellent story and acting was nice
Even better film when you watch it twice
Wifey back from work around four-ish
Cooked us some dinner, a beautiful dish
A ten pound Tesco bargain, chicken and creamy spinach
A glass of wine too, pink but with a smooth finish
The hotel have sorted out a five-a-side match
I’m in goal; I hope I remember how to catch
Playing for fun this week, but next week for points
That’s if I can move my stiffening joints
Really good kick around and I actually played well
And the teams passing movements were starting to gel
So the league starts next week on Monday
With fully officiated referees from the F.A
Wore my old shirt, old shin pads and old boots
I hope there are enough players for substitutes
I was diving to the right and saving to the left
I was tipping and flicking with touches deft
The exercise regime has just begun
And I’m Brooklands No.1, Brooklands Brooklands No.1

No comments:

Post a Comment