Saturday 23 April 2011

April 14th

Only my second failure in my year of rhyme
Committed the ultimate of writing crimes
Missed today’s poem for a year in the life
So please accept this: a gift to my wife
Happy Birthday, my ‘beautiful girl’
My hopes and dreams and best part of my world
If you set your sights on astrology
The planets aligned when you and I became we
Or if you like to take fates view
Then I was always meant to meet you
Or if religion is your thing then, according to God
You’d have to ride on a donkey, which is a bit odd
If you are going to read a book then read the one I’ve written
It’s the story of a boy and a girl with whom he’s smitten
She is always there through the good and bad times
Keeps him focused and helps out with his rhymes
She makes him smile from dawn to days end
His wife, his lover, they are the best of friends
She shares his wants and pushes him forward
And of his silly jokes, she never gets bored
When he is by himself, he is never alone
Where ever she is, that’ll be his home
She caters for his needs, and his faults she accepts
He cannot fault her at all as she is perfect
When she first saw him, she thought he was a chancer
To him she was always his tiny dancer
They share the music, wine and the laughter
And they live together, happily ever after
  

No comments:

Post a Comment