Friday 10 June 2011

May 30th

All names in the hat and ready to go
The race for the tickets led by Lord Coe
We selected the obvious, hundred metre sprint
Not hoping for much, a little chance, a glint
We chose tickets we stood a chance of winning
But didn’t even get the synchronised swimming
Everything apparently currently sold out
I didn’t want to see watery tarts splash about
How about hockey, have they reached their capacity?
The gymnastic tickets were avoided acrobatically
For football too, we were passed about
In the Boxing draw, we were knocked out
Of the few we remain undistinguished
Our Olympic flame has been extinguished
Any event just to say ‘I was there’
The selection process makes me not care
‘We’ll take your money but you still won’t know
To which events you’ll be able to go
As tickets are becoming rarer
I’ve even applied to be a flag bearer
As I had no luck in the ticket selection
I wonder if EBay will have a suggestion
If this goes pear shaped Coe, you’ll have no indemnity
And then you will see a very cross country
So I’ll accept my ticket application defeats
But there better not be any empty seats

No comments:

Post a Comment