Monday 27 June 2011

June 14th

Libraries are the new rock and roll
With everything needed to expand my soul
The hum of quiet mumbled tones
Only broken by loud telephones
An aisle dedicated to improving diction
A whole devoted to fiction
With your absorbent mind your soon surrender
More information than you could ever remember
I thought place was just full of old books
But new decoration give libraries new looks
Singing girls and running boys
Silence replaced by growing noise
Libraries are a great place for learning
It’s the fuel for my inspiration burning
Books are still dog eared and curled
The internet opening up everything in the world
Books on cooking and travel guides
Sit on shelves together, side by side
One man reading Sue Townsend near me
Another with his head in a phone directory
Ten pence for a greyscale photocopy
Alan Titchmarsh book ‘greatest ever poppy’
Get into libraries because learning is cool
Combining the newest new and oldest old school
Take me seriously as I try to cajole
Libraries are the new rock and roll

No comments:

Post a Comment