Friday 10 June 2011

June 8th

Once again the streets I roam
Spending a day off on my own
I used to be the popular one
I used to be surrounded by fun
Where have all my friends gone
The ones that I can rely upon
Where is my text or my phone call?
Where is my invite to the pub crawl?
I have 500 friends virtually
But I spend most of my time, with me
Maybe I should advertise myself
As a person of rich companion wealth
I’m gagging for meaningful conversation
To replace my daily alienation
I’ll talk about anything and listen with intent
I’ll reply with interest and insightful comment
We’ll go where ever you want, it’s your choice
I’d just need to use my external voice
Please humour my superficial grief
I’ve had my fair share of Tom, Andy and Keith
These guys you could never replace
And it’s that connection I constantly chase
We are on a wavelength of mutual respect
Friendship built by the greatest architect
So I’ll get over my loneliness syndrome
Until once again, the streets we’ll roam

No comments:

Post a Comment