Monday 27 June 2011

June 10th

When you think of all the people you knew
And how you’re left with the surviving few
How easily could you reconnect?
As under the carpet problems are swept
I sit here comfortably alone with me
And my friend Jack from Tennessee
A great evening will surely unfold
As grand tales from the past are told
Though my memories partially haze
Of those so called glory days
I’d join in and play my part
And take the blame to uphold my art
Its only when those days are spent
That rose tintedly your mind is bent
And its casts itself even further backwards
To the time you were surrounded by hoards
Always assuming that these are the times
When you’re unpunished for social crimes
You’ll have no regrets when tomorrow arrives
Being laid back helped me survive
It was as good as it could have been
Things are rosier when through hindsight seen
I wouldn’t be where I am today
If we all hadn’t acted in the same way
So now it’s just me and friends are few
When I think of all the people I knew

No comments:

Post a Comment