Monday 27 June 2011

June 16th

I find myself back in the station
Scratching for rejuvenation
Of course I’m drinking responsibly
It’s just how ‘my’ bar would be
My mission today was poetry writing
I’m catching up which is exciting
I haven’t failed if I can interject
Just moved the goalposts on my project
So instead of writing a poem daily
I’ll write one for each day, which is the same, maybe
It’s a compromise and not a cheat
I’ve set a goal and I’ll not be beat
I emailed a poet with my declaration
He hoped I didn’t lose inspiration
Until that point I was doing fine
Now I’m struggling to complete a line
Finding words is becoming harder
I need to stock up my word larder
Just give me until the end of the year
To try and kick start a writing career
Then for my brain there’ll be a reward
I’m using you now for a life springboard
But once I’m there I promise you this
We can separate and co exist
You’ll be used for experimentation
And I’ll find myself back in the station

No comments:

Post a Comment