Friday 10 June 2011

June 3rd

I can’t go so please don’t tell me
Who you’ll be watching or in which tent you’ll be
Don’t tell me you’ve seen the greatest band
Found the best bar and worst foods stand
I don’t want to know about your camping tales
Or how you’ve sampled all the local ales
Don’t mention that you’ve lost your wallet
Or how bad the smell is from the toilet
I don’t want to know how late you are up
Or how you are drinking from the festival cup
Who cares if you’re wandering around the place?
Meeting people off of head and out of face
I don’t care about a secret intimate gig
Or your crazy costume with matching wig
I don’t care if the camping fields are pleasant
Or if the moon at night is a semi crescent
I have no desire of collaboration knowledge
Or your drunken late night tental forage
Don’t mention all the bands you’ve seen
Or that you’ve just bumped into a vaccine
That this year’s line up is the best of all
Because I can’t get to this year’s festival
In your weekend glory, I’m unable to rejoice
I want to stand in a crowd and lose my voice
Please don’t tell me cos I don’t want to know
Enjoy my festival for me cos I can’t go

No comments:

Post a Comment