Friday 10 June 2011

June 7th

I’ve got no one to talk to, so I’ll talk to you
You keep a record of everything I do
You can be my social life, my virtual friend
You can ‘like’ me or help me trend
It’s only the comments and the retweets
That comforts me and makes me falsely complete
I don’t feel as much of a failure
When RT’d by James from Starsailor
@MattLucas, @LaurenLavern and @Elenor Conway
Are my only connections throughout my day
An endless array of thoughtful comment
Fills my time and makes my fingers content
It’s a stream of constant updating
Then scroll up and down whilst reply waiting
A simple bell or confirmation tone
Lets me know I’m not alone
And often people agree with me
Or don’t and playfully disagree
I wonder what I did before
Prior to me becoming a networking whore
How did we ever keep in touch?
With the people we don’t talk to much
The possibilities are socially endless
I will never be completely friendless
I try to leave it but I just can’t resist
Retweet or comment if you ‘like’ this

No comments:

Post a Comment