Friday 10 June 2011

June 6th

The man that first played me Queen
And made me a tape of Bruce Springsteen
The man who taught me how to fish
For a nicer man, you couldn’t wish
He sees the great in everyone
Always looking for that bit of fun
You know when ever he’s around
That there’s fun and laughter to be found
That the conversation will easily flow
Even with people he doesn’t know
The nights we’ve sat under the stars
With lights and music powered by cars
Even though that was the pre teenage me
I’ve have never since felt as free
He’s open, honest and someone I miss
He’s my favourite protagonist
He has influenced me greatly
A relationship that has grown innately
He took me to football and to play golf
If I’m Bilbo Baggin’s he’s my Gandalf
A man that I could never avoid
The man who first played me Pink Floyd
Because of him, whichever cloud I’m under
I’ll always here the delicate sounds of thunder
And whenever I raise a beer
I’ll always wish you were here
Constantly friendly, open and jocular
No one could ever be more avuncular

No comments:

Post a Comment