Wednesday 6 July 2011

June 22nd

Twenty five weeks and thirty thousand words back
I decided to give my mind a track
To see if I could write my wrongs
And document my progress as I go along
All was going well until I started thinking
And now my word ship has started sinking
I don’t see to have a solution
I’ve made a literary execution
So I’m clutching for the last straw
Looking for a word guffaw
To start writing in the right direction
And ignite my daily introspection
So I turn to you to help inspire
Before I’ve begun I begun to expire
Which isn’t what I had in mind
My writing hill has steeply inclined
But with your help I’ll get over this
Raise my game and clench my fist
And shout out loud ‘Yes I can’
I have evolved from Neanderthal man
Take a look at what I’ve become
All shaven face and opposable thumb
And when they find me in fossilization
And carry out a thorough examination
They will hang me in a museum to admire me
With my carbon dated completed rhyme diary

No comments:

Post a Comment