Wednesday 6 July 2011

June 24th

Please remember me when I’m gone
As the man with the rhyming aplomb
The one who had started achieving
Success came after self believing
Who realised that all you have
Can make any year ‘The year of the Gav’
That all decisions made along the way
Have put you where you are today
It’s only when we make mistakes
That our mind has space to further intake
I’m truly grateful for my life so far
Contented with my average par
I’m happy for my minor success
Allowing my life to effervesce
Thanks to the players, you know who you are
You’ve filled up my mind memoirs
If it wasn’t for you, I’d never have thought
To have picked up a pen and poetry sought
And to all those offended in my earlier days
Apologies and know I’ve changed my ways
Please put it down to teen anxiety
And I hope this covers it justifiably
I have continued to grow and demand equality
I have danced briefly in fame frivolity
Please allow this indulgence to go on
And please remember me when I’m gone

No comments:

Post a Comment