Monday 18 July 2011

July 11th

In a quiet pub in the south east of Britain
Where war of the worlds and Invisible man were written
There’s a man who is trying to make his way
Trying to become the Tennyson of his day
Poetry is mainly experience drawn
Through necessity inspiration is born
It’s going to happen; I can feel it in me
I just need to get rid of lethargy
I’m starting to expand my chances
And tap my foot to more of life’s dances
I understand that the effort required
Is equalled only by the amount desired
No one will help you, if you don’t help yourself
Keeping it all in is not good for your health
Let it all out and people will see
How you’re cooking to your own recipe
If they focus on your suggestion
They’ll find the answer to their own question
Don’t stray from the path of confrontation
Nothing is better that a satisfied expectation
Be bold and give others a chance to comment
And enjoy the way they may compliment
When you hear them you may be surprised
They will be better than you realise
With pen in hand: look what I’ve written
In my quiet pub in the south east of Britain

No comments:

Post a Comment