Sunday 31 July 2011

July 19th

Every day as it’s always been
People have their route routine
Walking along and in the same place stopping
All marching in time and corporate clock watching
But I know there’s something more inside
Something for which no conglomerate can provide
I want the opportunity to be able
To chose where I sit and who’s on my table
I’m not suggesting that I’ll have much clout
Punching in is wearing me out
Being criticised by departmental heads
Continually leaving my grievances unsaid
No, I’ve no desire to climb your business ladder
Learning and repeating all your corporate jabber
I’ve no desire to perform or to improve
Whilst having my personality surgically removed
I find myself speaking in your plateau way
You just want me to say what you want me to say
You continually edit, censor and blinker
But you’ll never stop me being a free thinker?
You want my individual outlook
As long as it fits in with the employee handbook
You give me your rules and give me a title
Your own list of commandments from your own bible
So add this to my notes in my next quarterly review
Thou shall not spend my life answering to you

No comments:

Post a Comment