Monday 18 July 2011

July 14th

The telling confessions of my blank mind
Leave me feeling upset and resigned
Dejected, down and desperately defeated
Halfway there is still not completed
Getting prepared to wear the hat of the dunce
Perhaps I used up all my words at once
If so, they should make it clear
As to how many words you get per year?
Perhaps I should more sparingly print
Treat it as a marathon and not a sprint
Just as it was looking sturdy
I appear to have been over wordy
Have I overplayed the rhyming prose?
And seen my poetry mortgage foreclose
Will there be a further edition?
Six more months of my composition?
It was a tremendous undertaking
But now I feel my brain aching
So if this is just a supplementary
An extension of my last ever entry
Thank you for your daily devotion
And please try to hold back the emotion
For more words, I will beg, steal and borrow
And hope to see you back here again tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment