Wednesday 6 July 2011

June 27th

A one to one when at work I arrived
Do I tell them of how I feel deprived?
How I want to do so much more
Than to constantly be ignored
How I know I meant for other things
And of a writing job my heart still clings
So if they ask how I could improve
By taking chances and making a move
And if I’ve filled the procedure correctly
Or if I feel that the team respect me
How can I tell them that this is a stop gap?
That I fallen into a daily trap
Feeling that times forgotten me
That I’m stuck in the routine of shift monotony
That I’m a genius but you don’t know it
That I’m trying to release the inner poet
That this job keeps me grounded
But leaves me constantly dumfounded
That I have no other choice
And I wish I could speak my voice
But I can’t, so I agree to make an easy living
My patience will be forgiving
And when I’m at my desk writing
I’ll remember the days less exciting
And when I look back, I know you’ll know
I’m better than this and I told you so!

No comments:

Post a Comment