Wednesday 2 November 2011

October 26th

Down the street and through the door
To a place I've been many times before
Formally a place where friends unwind
But a drinking companion is hard to find
Where 'we' had frequented Saturdays noon
It's now just 'I' to beer consume
Nights of frivolity flowingly filled
Good times spent much ale spilled
New years night and many evenings
Spent filling floors and raising ceilings
A lick of paint and chairs rearranged
Fails to disguise that nothings changed
Paying the price in Lonely Town
is purchasing a cheaper round
I'd have no problem in buying the beer
If I could have a few old friends here
Much time passed and many barrels changed
In my local pub feeling estranged
One seat, one place and one pint please
Struggling with Quiz machine expertise
I'm covering music and general knowledge
But suffering from a history haemorrhage
Lacking in quizzical self esteem
Not enough friends for a pub quiz team
Last question, shout out if you know it
Who's the guy on his own, trying to be a poet?

No comments:

Post a Comment