Friday 18 November 2011

November 6th

A few weeks left and much foreboding
my patience is thin and brains imploding
style is rusting and words corroding
searching for a rhyme
I need some more things to happen
Or days will take a familiar pattern
I'm falling off the word band wagon
pushing for the line
Have I written something like this before
Too many words, my minds unsure
I’ve been poisoned and there's no cure
punished by my plight
Too far gone to go back now
Pick up pencil and positively plough
got to reach the end somehow
I can see the tunnels light
Feeling a little condescending
Search around for a happy ending
my mind is broke but sole is mending
It's good to get things out
I'm winding down from feeling wordy
reached a plateau that’s feeling sturdy
I was a par but now I'm a birdie
determined and devout

No comments:

Post a Comment