Saturday 26 November 2011

November 14th

Abandoned, bereft and left for dead
Unwanted, unloved and feeling unread
Disowned disestablished and with disregard
Balance offset and caught off guard
Failing at being a lyricist
Book remains unfinished
I’ve stuttered and stopped with bad timing
Left strapped with obvious rhyming
Packed in, packed up and gone to bed
Like I’m in the Cool Running’s bobsled
I’ve collapsed and let down all defences
Left with only bad film references
I’m Daniel Son getting kicked in the shin
And limping out, before the win
I’m Maverick hanging from a noose
Hoping to join his dead friend goose
I’m the Goonies being shot in their bellies
After being caught be the bad Fratellis
But wait that’s not how those films end
I’ve still got some disbelief to suspend
I’m back in the ring after some rest
I’m flying again with the ‘best of the best’
I’m escaping from One eyed Willies cave
I’m sucking it up and being brave
I’m getting back my talent to rhyme
I’m picking up my sled and crossing the line

No comments:

Post a Comment