Monday 15 August 2011

July 29th


You told me that I can do so much more
But this is already further than I’ve gone before
This year as I’ve already instructed
I’ve written more, been more productive
I’d never published anything before
Never kept note or kept score
Never before sketched out my thoughts
Never kept a list of brain retorts
It’s the first time that I’ve been driven
On the genius switch there’s no off position
I can’t stop myself from writing things
From conjuring rhymes from what the day brings
I’m normally one who is abnormally lazy
Which is why at first, this was a little crazy
To write down my thoughts in diary form
But now it’s raining down a brain storm
I’m trying to control my new found work
It’s all happening at once, going berserk
I’m overwhelmed at being a book nerd
That’s written forty thousand words
Which when I started was beyond imagination
And now I’ve passed the half way station
So I’m now doing something with my time
This is the reason behind my rhyme
I’ll try my best at doing much more
But it’s already further than I’ve gone before

No comments:

Post a Comment