Monday 15 August 2011

July 22nd


The beautiful boys invited me out drinking
A lovely thought but what was I thinking?
The act of consumption and mixing I was aware
But the conversation and patter I was under prepared
Did we talk like this, back in the day?
Jibes about mothers and about being gay
I’d like to say we were a lot more liberal
More accepting open and fully convivial
We would discuss greater things when boozing
About Marxism and the ability of choosing
But thinking about it, as a rule of thumb
Most sentences ended with Yeah, your Mum!
I don’t think we ever went out on the pull
We played billiards played jokes and played the fool
We discussed the possibilities of dreams being real
And about how they first discovered cochineal
How to home make wine was a heavy feature
But then I did go drinking with my science teacher
With Poker, Subbuteo and pizza our time we’d fill
Watching Laurel and Hardy and talking Vaudeville
These things gave us our delirium
But they have no place in the third millennium
These memories are for me and are mentally stored
They are not pertinent, in the now, in Guildford
Thank you lads, for the beautiful offer
You have not gone unnoticed by this biographer

No comments:

Post a Comment