Monday 15 August 2011

July 27th


Please excuse my written frustration
And allow for artistic interpretation
I’m not going through my own depression
I’m just looking for a little expression
Thanks for your concern, and it’s not your fault
Just take everything with a pinch of salt
The written word plays the most powerful role
And it’s true that frustration is good for the soul
Things are never as bad for me
With the knowledge of love unconditionally
You’re reading my words as I’m writing
This is, actually for me, terribly exciting
Even with my brain I’m still ill-equipped
And often ignore self censorship
I’m simply trying to describe my day
In a more dramatically entertaining way
It would detract and enjoyment prevent
If I wrote down the actual daily events
For example if it’s been a quiet day
Then I need to use words to overplay
If work trundles along as it should
Then it induces boredom, which is never good
Just as the devil makes work for idle thumbs
I sift around my brain for figurative crumbs
So please excuse me for writer’s frustration
I’m just starting my poet’s acculturation

No comments:

Post a Comment