Monday 15 August 2011

July 28th


Suddenly everything else is more important
Whilst I’m looking for rhyming reinforcement
I cannot focus or realign my mind
Days are on fast forward but I’m in rewind
I fighting hard to keep inspiration
During my writers assimilation
Instead of sitting down and being absorbed
Into writing of memories filed and stored
I find myself doing something else instead
Like flicking through TV or the worldwide web
I’ve re-alphabetised my CD collection
And studied the basic laws of convection
I’ve polished laced and cleaned my shoes
As the written word fails to enthuse
I’ve cleaned the oven and washed up crockery
I’ve designed my own rock and roll rockery
I need to get the chimney re-pointed
As my written word has become disjointed
Before my day is recalled fully
I need to take the bobbles of off anything woolly
I cleaned food cupboard and stacked tins neatly
Whilst ignoring my written work indiscreetly
I need to get back in the writers mindset
And press my alt control and delete to reset
I’ll take back the mantle and the onus
And reap the benefits of my idle bonus

No comments:

Post a Comment