Monday 15 August 2011

July 26th


Picked up a pencil and got back in the zone
Switched off laptop, WiFi, telly and phone
This started off well but it’s beginning to spoil
Thrown in to linguisticated turmoil 
It’s time to get back in the saddle
But I’m up a creek without a paddle
I’m out of the frying pan and into the fire
Then things, once more, begin to inspire
The fact I can reflect on times I’ve had
Make me realise things are never that bad
And what kind of poet would I be
If I didn’t pick up on personal agony
Not that I’ve had too much dismay
Never had a cause to strongly convey
I try to be good pure and pleasant
Live for the now, no time like the present
If normality is what we strive for
Then I don’t want to be normal anymore
This isn’t a year of trouble and stress
This is just a year of indecisiveness
What do you do when you just don’t know?
Keep saying yes and go with the flow
How important will you be to the world?
Jot it down be your own herald
Whichever way you choose to live
Make sure not to forget but to forgive

No comments:

Post a Comment