Monday 15 August 2011

July 25th


Please pay attention to my latest subject
And understand it’s a tangible object
I’ll try to convey with my best linguistics
It’s an actual thing, not in the least euphemistic
Lisa Ellson had a pencil case when we were at school
The envy of the table, we all thought was very cool
A regular looking case, no one would have guessed
But she showed me what it did under the desk
It was oblong in shape and in colour a beigey brown
But buttons were revealed when you pulled a flap down
The compartments on it held a veritable feast
And when shown to me, my school work ceased
At the back of the class out of teachers view
We had some scissors paper and glue
And so, I think, we made some planes
A clapper and some paper chains
And with a fold and some tear abuse
A Paper daisy and an A4 moose
Oh and a scale model of the city of Naples
Made with Blu-Tac and some staples
Here’s a harbour full with boats
Crafted purely from post it notes
I wonder if her memories can place
What she did with that magic pencil case

No comments:

Post a Comment