Monday 15 August 2011

August 2nd


The road is dusky and dimly lit
As we comfortably cruise or tailback sit
If I must driver seat reside
It’s always better with you by my side
Your driving skills my now be obsolete
But you always make my journey complete
And sometimes, when you are sleeping
I have the urge for gentle speeding
And although it speeds up a journey
It may also lead to needing an attorney
When I look across and see you there
Reclining in the passenger chair
Your eyes closing is an invitation
For me to lean across and change the radio station
Our conversations keep me going
And you can tell when my tiredness is showing
You make any journey a bit of a treat
With communal water and packet of sweets
And you know when you drive with Gav
There is no need for a Sat Nav
We know where we’re heading, there is no doubt
Is it straight on or left at this roundabout?
If you’re getting restless or feeling bored
I’ll take you to places unexplored
Whether pole to pole or around the equator
Promise to be my life navigator
And I’ll promise our journeys will never end
I’ll always drive you around the bend

No comments:

Post a Comment