Wednesday 4 January 2012

December 29th

Trying to express how I feel
Waiting upon the final reveal
I want explode and tell the world
Fly my flag fully unfurled
My eyes well up with sadness
Outweighed by the relief and gladness
Awoken from my daily hypnosis
Sad and happy in solid osmosis
Glowing and internally proud
Wanting to shout out loud
Look at what I have created
my first achievement, culminated
I'm amazed that the end is near
Really, has it been a year?
It's flowed and dragged in equal measure
Giving as much pain as pleasure
I'm atop Everest with Hillary and Tenzing
I'm Frodo Baggins disposing of the ring
My journey hasn't stayed unblemished
First stage is over but not finished
The writing weight has been lifted
For now the pressure has shifted
I'm entering a chapter of not knowing
And with your help, I'll keep the impetus going

No comments:

Post a Comment